Monday, June 15, 2009

Drinking


I just had a thought about drinking that seems to be bug me. I just notice that natives are more successful if they don't drink and will excel more. That's basically it. It sounds simple but this is serious stuff meaning I think that drinking can actually destroy a generation of natives believe it or not. I know for sure that drinking can destroy a bond within a family between a man and women when a guy drinks. Unless that native gal has a addictive behavior to actually supply the beer. Now this bring in a whole set of weird behavior. This is where I stop about getting too much ghetto especially when living with someone and see bottles of beer laying around. That is too ghetto but some find it very normal but I am glad my mom institute values of preventing that type of behavior that is not normal.
I suggest native really look into drinking as being a major weapon to their demeanor or future successes. Drinking actually brings you into a false world where everything is "alright". I met alot of natives who could have become very successful but they were stuck in doing basic things like drinking and accepting things as there is. That is unacceptable to me. Drinking is a drug and same has mary jane. People seem to smoke it and again live in a world where everything is just "alright". I think natives needs to really understand why family bond is very important to protect family. A guy thinks he can drink and get away with it but his future generation "accepts" him as a failure or someone who just drinks and can handle it. This is still unacceptable simply because that kid or younger generation has no bond to move on to succeed in keeping a bond with others either in friends, family, or relationship. I don't accept friends or family near me who drink. Period. Its weird but it works. It allows me to focus on major issues on human rights, community development, education teaching of culture at university speaking, volunteering of nonprofit organizations, or networking to succeed to be creative entrepreneur. Some natives simply don't think this is possible to think like this. That's their failure to believe. It's just what Yoda said on Star Wars when Luke Skywalker could not lift his space craft from the swamp. I suggest native never drink or don't train their body to drink "once a month" or sustain a liquor in their system for period of time that is repeating. To me, drinking is one of the top 5 things that can destroy a native culture which is 1. drinking beer/liquor, 2. domestic abuse, 3. doing drugs, 4. being a hardcore non-native religious nut freak, and 5. being a hardcore right winger type following a conservative ideology. To me, these things will destroy a family in the long run and I am very serious about this. I will explain each more fully in my blog but for now I am focusing on why drinking is terrible to carry to family and friends. I never accept a phone call from friends who have a drinking tone voice. Never accept that type of their behavior to your world. To me, that is just too ghetto or disrespectful as person on how they look upon you in the future. Why did I all the suddenly spoke up about this. It just hit me how successful natives were back in 1930's or 40's. They all had a common goal to succeed to survive in the world in Olympics and WWII. Nowadays, I notice drinking seems to come back and bring out bad attitudes that they secretly harboring. This is one of the many reasons why drinking is bad. I am very serious about drinking or bottle can simply wipe out a generation of natives. It already has broken bonds that connects family. I suggest natives in future try to figure out ways to stop drinking on rez and further focus on preventing drinking behavior. I never drink myself. I might have had the same as the Pope takes wine during New Years once in 2 decades. It never appeal to me and my lifestyle prevented me to focus on a bottle. But, I noticed how powerful a bottle is compared to a drug that a native may take. I heard many stories how natives who were very successful and already achieved their success just drank 1 bottle and turned their life backwards forever either with meeting the wrong guy at a bar or drunk driving. The only beverages I drink is Ice tea, Coke, Pepsi, Sobe, water, fruit drink, and minute maid lemonade. I suggest natives who want to live a life of pure excitement in life where the sky is always blue and cool people respect you is not getting involve with drinking or drugs. People can still tell if you drink once a month believe or not by the way your slur of speech, redness of face, or behavior of denial attitude towards interest of conservations. Some native may laugh when I say sky is always blue but it sure is blue. I had a great child hood experience that I would not trade in for a zillion dollars. I have said this statement like thousands times. When you grew up as a kid, your senses are new and strive wanting to learn many new things growing up. I suggest natives stay this way because it will propel you thru bad times that makes it seem like it is a mosquito. You really realize how important you are compared to drinking rather than feeling sorry for self. When you are young, you're a seeker of new opportunities. This formula will propel you thru many bad times and create new opportunities either in jobs or new lasting bonds of friends or organizations. Why did I bring this up? Because I heard that many natives told me that I was unique. I was an only child and I always assumed all natives were like this. Then I found out growing up more that Natives have problems. I actually thought it can be solve easily but I found out that their bad experiences is rooted deeply in their values or core values or personalities. This is sad and is reason why I suggest natives find ways to be a warrior at a young age of being in a bubble of pursing happiness. I am very proud to be Native American. It's just not being proud but proud in a different way of being loyal or being carrying my ancient family roots ways. When, I met my family like my aunt and uncle late in life. They asked me if I conduct myself in high degree. I said, I always did but I do have my fantasy of crazy times which is my own right. hehe. I know how to have fun but I also know to never let myself be a "cheap" or "low-budget" or 3rd world behavior. I always felt in my gut that being native is more than material things. Its more about family ties and being loyal to nation to whole of educated elders or educated traditional natives. It could be my Maya blood, Navajo blood, or Aztec blood but I think its my Maya blood that drives me to always strive demand respect in any situation or how you conduct your love life. Its like building a huge a building or structure and that you show respect too because there's a responsible connection. Or my Navajo blood that you go about it the right way and talk about it openly if you have questions. That's where I am talking about. Natives need to find that responsibilities connection to conduct their love life to a higher degree meaning not being extinct basically. It may appear too strong but its real or this is what actually makes future generation survive. If natives were numbered in billions like other races then it seem like it would be not useful but still again. It has to do with keeping the native blood live forever in the right direction. I felt in my heart I had to say this because I have not read it anywhere yet. So, I thought I just say what's on my mind on this new blog.

No comments: